A few years after Scarlet and Ringo first met, God looked at his watch, nodded, then said, “Ah, just in time!” He snapped his fingers to work his little magic and brought this destined couple together. At their friend’s wedding banquet, God made Scarlet one of the 4 game coordinators and Ringo the MC. He smiled and said, “This is good. This way, they will have time to get to know each other even with Ringo’s busy schedule.”
That rainy June day of 2007, in between the wedding ceremony and the banquet, Scarlet and Ringo did indeed spend some time together. They went shopping at Richmond Center for a wedding gift with 2 other friends. Then went to one of the 2 friends’ house and had a lot of fun playing Wii. God looked down to earth, smiled and nodded. And that was the beginning…
Scarlet's Story:
Many times, my friends have bugged me about Ringo being the perfect match for me, and how he is an ideal husband after his transformation since becoming a Christian. However at the time, I had my own issues.
I have just returned to Vancouver from Taiwan, once again struggling to end a long distant relationship that was only dragging on. Grandma at the time got very sick as well and was being hospitalized. Everyday after work, I would go to the hospital to visit her and one day, Ringo offered to come with me. He also sought this opportunity to bring me back to church (I was a Christian at the time, but have skipped church for many years).
Shortly after I started church life again at RCMBC, I’ve noticed that Ringo is especially caring to me, and would include me in his future plans. Being my curious self and with my straight-up personality, I asked him through a text message why that is. He then, through another text message, told me to meet him at Kitsilano beach after work that day (because he’s already there for a beach party, the company he’s working for have organized). He and I left his co-workers shortly after I arrived. We found a quiet spot right by the beach and we sat down on a bench. Ringo then explained to me how he felt and that we can try develop our relationship. I agreed and admitted to my feelings towards him as well, and then hand in hand, we prayed. So on that day of July 31st, 2007, in the presence of God, we entered courtship.
Scarlet... a special name that I have met a long time ago.
Back in the days when I was in University, I have joined a student club called Cyber Comp Union and met a bunch of friends there. We had lots of different activities once in a while including my favorite barbecue (唔係點解而家會有個肚腩呢!? 哈!). At one of the barbecue events in 2002, Scarlet came and joined us. She gave me an impression of outgoing, talkative, and friendly. Since she was a smoker, therefore she tagged along with me and a few of us pretty well. However, as I didn’t really like girls who smoke (although I smoked myself.. 不平等呀!哈哈!), Scarlet wasn’t the type of girls that I would like. Throughout these years, we may get to see each other in some big group gathers once in a while.
As our friends were having wedding in the year of 2007, our chemistry started to react…
First, it was glad to meet with her again. As I knew, she has moved back from HK and planning to settle in Vancouver. Definitely that settlement period wasn’t easy and Scarlet has struggled much to strive through all that by herself. Since we were helping in our friends’ wedding, we got more chances to meet and chat about the wedding… and more chances to talk about our true selves.
That was really the time that we knew each other more in-depth. I got to know about her life struggling, her family background including her Singh last name, and the fact that she has accepted Jesus Christ in her adolescence. That was the time I invited her to come to the church again. Nothing is more fulfilling than connecting to our God! Scarlet seemed enjoying the fellowship life, although I wasn’t physically in that fellowship. That was a good sign to me as she has a real hunger for Jesus, and it would turn bad if she was just having a hunger for me only (Hm… maybe it was both? Hah!).
Actually, I have been praying for the One a long time ago. Scarlet is actually a very lovely girl but as one of my mottos says “靚唔係大曬嘅”, we kept our friendship and I continued to pray. In those times thru different settings and group gatherings, I got to see her more at different angles and perspectives. I saw some weaknesses in her and at the same time God showed me some of her positive qualities. These positive qualities are actually prettier and lovelier (樣其實吸引極有限啦!)!! After a while, I felt that I was ready to start a serious relationship that pursues to marriage. In the mid of July, I actually planned to “take action” on August 1st (Hah… just like to start in the beginning of the month as a new start!! Hah!) to tell Scarlet about how I felt about starting a relationship together. On July 31st around late afternoon, I got a text message from Scarlet while I was at work and she asked me that “Why do you treat me so well? And why do you include me in your future’s plan?” (我打咗個特… 心唸…乜咁心急呀…聽日先係喎!). I didn’t know how to explain to her thru text message. Then I prayed, and I asked her out for a chat. When we were out that day, I told her this and that, and she also told me that and that…. We talked and understood and… done! (攪掂!哈….. 其實這才是真正的開始!) At the end, we prayed together that our relationship would bring glory to our God and then we started holding hands to walk our journey!!

No comments:
Post a Comment